Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Way to Long

So it has been way to long since I up dated my blog and I apologize.  Time tends to run away from you here in Haiti.  With that said I will try to fill you in on the last three weeks. 
First off meet Elisa........She is the friend I get to work with this summer.


She has been a great friend in the last few weeks.  Not only is she helping me with my work here, she is also helping me find my path for when I get back home. It is nice being able to bounce thoughts off of such a great person.

After the last four weeks I have gotten the Guesthouse Intern job down pretty well.  The job itself changes day by day and keeps you on your toes.  No two days are ever the same which is actually nice.  Last week I went out for water truck day and that was greatly needed.  It was great to spend time with the kids and deliver the water to Cite Soleil.  Also I had a great time with the teams!  I had a great time hanging out with my friend, Debbie Peterson, who had me laughing so hard some nights it hurt.

This week is a restoration week, which means no teams.  This week is actually giving us the time to get a lot of things accomplished.  Today alone I was able to get medical kits set up for our team vehicles and get a bunch of things organized.  Yesterday I got to go to Grace Village to do some work.  Below is one of the Grace Village girls.



Tomorrow I get to go to Grace Village to watch our Grace kids play soccer.  It should be a blast!  Speaking about soccer, the World Cup is crazy in this country.  The Haitians really LOVE the game and you can hear the cheers from all around.  It really is cool.  The rest of the week should be great!  Getting more things organized and preparing for the next two teams that arrive on Monday. I will make sure I send another update in the next week or so.  I will definitely not wait three weeks again.

Love 
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment