Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Super Secret!!!!

Hello Friends :-)

It comes as no surprise, to those who know me best, that I have a hard time keeping exciting secrets!  Like when I get an awesome birthday gift for my mom and I end up telling her before her birthday because I am just to dang excited, I can not keep it to myself.  I have done this for as long as I can remember :-)  And it is something that I have been working on over the years.  Well I have successfully pulled off the BIGGEST Super Secret/Surprise in my life :-)

I knew after my first three weeks in Haiti that I would need to visit my family at least once during the summer, just to keep the homesick feeling at bay.  So I booked a flight back home for July 8th and the only people, back home, I told were my parents and my dearest friend MaryBeth.  This secret stayed safe with me for almost four weeks!!!!!! Amazing I know.  When July 8th came around, nothing went as it was suppose to.  Every flight was delayed and instead of arriving back in MN at 11:00 pm on Tuesday night I arrived back 6 am Wednesday morning.  By at least I got home in time to spend all of Wednesday with them.

My mother picked me up and we headed to my house where Paige, my lovely daughter, was sound asleep.  As I reached her door I slowly opened it........she was a bit grumpy that she was being woken up at 6:30 am.

But as soon as she realized it was me she got super excited!!!!  Yelling "Mommy, Mommy"!

Honestly it was a great reaction.  Then the dog, Roscoe, got so excited to see me he just kept on crying and the foster pup, Eloise, just started dancing around.  It was super Awesome.  Since I arrived so late my lovely husband, Luke, was already at work.  So, Paige and I got in the car and drove to his job site. We pulled up to the job site and I yelled "Hudak" to the handsome skinny guy that was on the roof!  Hind sight being 20/20, I probably should have waited until he was off the roof but I didn't :-)  He was dazed and almost fell off the roof.......another awesome reaction.  

Goofy Mr. Hudak


I got to spend Wednesday - Friday hanging out with my awesome family.  We spent time at my parents, saw my dearest friend and her lovely daughters, got to be there when my sister got engaged, ate awesome food, spend quality snuggle time with my pups, and best of all got to get a much needed pedicure...hahaha. (My feet were so bad I actually gave myself a home pedicure before having it professionally done)

Haiti is where I am suppose to be right now and I truly know that, but I do so miss my family greatly when I am here.  


Thanks Mom, Dad and MaryBeth for helping me pull this surprise off and helping me to keep the secret.  

Now I am back to work in Haiti and oddly enough I slept better last night than I did when home.  Probably a little exhaustion from all the traveling.  

I will check in soon!

Love, 

Laura 



No comments:

Post a Comment